The Angel Venture Fair working with one of the country's top Intellectual Property law firms, Volpe Koenig is running the second annual Power of Intellectual Property and Raising Capital seminars on Thursday, November 19, 2020 on Zoom.
8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Eastern Standard Time-Volpe Koenig attorneys explain the various Intellectual Property options providing the following information:
- John J. O’Malley, Shareholder
- Edward T. LaBarr, Senior Attorney
- Type of intellectual property and how it is used
- Time it takes to file
- Time it takes on average to receive approvals
- Estimated budgeting costs for different intellectual property
8:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Panel of early stage companies that have filed for different intellectual property that would provide the following:
- The time and expense.
- The value they found from doing it.
- What they learned that they didn’t know before the process.
- How investors valued their IP when raising capital.
Moderator, Gerald “Jay” Halt, Shareholder
- David Rosen, co-founder/president/CEO of Secret Chord Laboratories
- John Killoran, Jr., CEO, Swoop in Technologies
- Donna Richardson, CEO, CollaMedix, Inc
- Rob Weber, co-founder, CEO of Agile Switch
9:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Entrepreneurs Presenting and Getting Feedback from Investors
- Joshua Nelson, Founder/ CEO, Emotional Ideas, Inc.
- Michelle Carfagno, Founder/CEO, The Greater Knead, Inc.
9:30 a.m. to 10: a.m. Panel of investors talking about the value of IP when evaluating companies.
- What IP holds the greatest value.
- What IP holds the least amount of value.
- How investors value IP.
- What are the biggest mistakes companies make related to IP.
Moderator: Marc Kramer, executive director, Private Investors Forum
- Mark Mitchell, angel investor, Delaware Crossing Investor Group
- Robert Padulo, angel investor, Broad Street Angels and Keiretsu Forum
- Katherine O'Neill, angel Investor, JumpStart New Jersey
- Tom Penn, partner, Meridian Venture Partners